Typical for all tunnels made by Lekos company is use of high quality construction, thermal insolating, sealing materials and execution of whole machine. Quality stainless steel is continuously weld by highly qualified welders.
Cooling tunnels Lekos are most often equipped with polyurethane conveyor belt with guiding wedges or with system of automatic steering of the belt if the noses are of small diameter. Noses of small diameter are available from diameter of 7 mm, what ensures smooth transition of products into input or output from the tunnel’s belt. At all times at least one nose is horizontally configurable through gearbox, so that it is possible to set optimal gap between nose of the tunnel and another device.
Cooling tunnel is according to length divided into one or more cooling zones, each with its own way of cooling and independent regulation of technologically important parameters. Each cooling zone is equipped with its own stainless steel box, with air filtration, cooling and fans for filtration, reaching required temperature and circulation of air. Tunnel can also be equipped with unit for drying the air and ensuring of required relative humidity of the air in the individual product zones.
Cooling zone is equipped with thermal insolating covers, manufactured by combining insolating materials, stainless steel sheets and sealing with hygienic profile and surface, with high quality way of manufacturing and execution. These covers are in shape of U for tunnels with belt that is 1300 mm or less wide and they are openable from both sides. For tunnels with belt wider than 1300 mm the covers are designed like wings. In both cases the covers are equipped with gas support with oil suitable for use in food industry.
Lekos company designs and installs cooling tunnels
Most frequent applications for cooling tunnels:
- cooling of different masses / nougats, caramels, cereal mixtures etc. / after their extruding and forming on conveyor belt
- cooling of wide range of enrobed products / enrobed bars, fruit, biscuits etc. /, where cooling tunnel is usually the last device before output of finished products from production line into packing part, and where it’s important to create proper conditions and to configure suitable cooling profile
- cooling of bakery products from output of conveyor belt behind the oven until entry of products into enrobing or directly into packing part
- glaze drops cooling or cooling of real chocolate on drop lines behind drop pouring heads
- cooling of hollow moulded chocolate products during semi-automatic operation
Available cooling principles:
- convection cooling by air above belt with products
- upper cooling of products by radiation – falling of cold air onto belt with products
- bottom cooling by air underneath the belt
- bottom cooling underneath the belt with use of cooling liquid, which flows in stainless steel registers underneath the belt