Modernization of moulding lines
To invest into purchase of new moluding line or to modernize key parts on existing line? This question is often asked and the right decision depends on the case.
Lekos takes into account technical status of line in each of these requests, current hygienic requirements, human safety, food safety and optional requirements for portfolio of moulded products or extension of production capacity. Based on specific situation Lekos realizes different projects from partial modifications of certain line sections, through complete replacements of sections according to need, to even complete modernization and reconstruction of lines.
Most common projects of modernization of moulding lines are:
Automatic identification and mould exchange station
- Lines, which are several decades old, usually lack it. Each project is specific by its available area for installation of these stations on the line. It’s often needed to modify existing conveyor or to create new area. These works and modifications are usually part of modernization. Stations which are installed than bring mostly enormous human safety improvement, shortening of time spent on mould set’s exchange on the line and last but not least growth of production quality. Each mould that ends up undemoulded incorrectly is removed from conveyor and empty and clean mould is inserted into free position on the conveyor.
- Tempering of moulds on old lines usually utilizes hot water for heating, doesn’t ensure regular airflow inside tempering tunnel or cabinet and last but not least doesn’t satisfy hygienic standards of current times. New tempering section is usually divided into two independent zones, each of which is equipped with individual electro heater, fans and air filtration. Pro of electro heating is mostly that it significantly shortens reaction time in comparison with hot water and it allows for more effective and precise regulation of air’s temperature. Device is made of materials fully suitable for food industry, effort is put on access of staff inside the machine for cleaning and maintenance. Thermo insulating covers are characteristic for their unique hygienic design.
- The mass depositor is one of key parts of the line. Current trends require constant innovation and development of new products. For deposition it means new mould patterns, new chocolate masses, creams or mixtures with ingredients. Old depositors are usually mechanically powered by line’s engine, with limited and mainly time consuming setting of piston’s stroke. Number of pistons and their diameter often doesn’t meet the needs of dosing of new products. Lekos designs and installs wide spectrum of plain chocolate mass depositors, ingredients depositors or depositors for different fillings, caramel and jelly. These either replace existing depositors or supplement them on the lines. New devices are equipped with powerful piston servo drives and rotary rollers servo drives, which allow for precise parameters setting of individual pistons and rollers. Individual control system and control through panel with touchscreen allow saving of parameters into recipes and their quick selection on the panel.
- It represents one of the main sources of noise on the production lines. Old vibrating sections are usually equipped with covering, which is with its wooden parts or accessible insulating materials unsanitary. Installation of new stainless steel frame with hygienic noise insulating covers, which are made on measure and replace old covers, are in production program of Lekos company. In case of need to replace also the vibrating stations themselves, Lekos delivers whole new vibrating sections with possibility of independent control and setting of individual vibrating stations.
- From technologic perspective, shell-forming station is one of the key parts of the moulding line. For its modernisation, Lekos proceeds with installation of new station, which with its technical equipment represents highly efficient tool ideal for shell-forming of wide variety of masses. It consists of several shell-forming heads with individually settable eccentric, high frequency movement, and its settings are saved for each recipe individually.
- Sections used for cooling of chocolate shells, fillings and final cooling section are modernized mainly for transition towards ecologic cooling mixtures according to current standards, improvement of air temperature regulation and distribution of airflow across mould zones, but also because of necessity to reach current requirements for hygiene and sanitation. New cooling section is usually divided into two or four independent cooling zones, depending on type of section. Each of them is equipped with individual cooler, fans and air filtration system. Device is made of materials suitable for food industry, emphasis is put on staff’s access for cleaning and maintenance. Thermo-insolating covers are typical for their unique hygienic design.
- It’s usually subject to modernisation from output of filling cooling section to input to final cooling section. Device is always designed on measure and it normally consists of infrared mould heater, depositing piston head, vibrating section, mould scrapping and vibrating section again. New devices mean significant move forward not only in area of technology and product quality, but also in area of hygiene, reliability, human safety and technical competence.
- After modernization it represents universal solution, that is suitable for demoulding of tablets, bars and pralines onto trays, directly onto belt, into countermoulds or directly into blisters. Universal solution ensures effective twisting of moulds and effective demoulding, that is at the same time gentle to the products. Change between individual options of demoulding is quick and simple. In case of request Lekos delivers also demoulding stations ideal for demoulding of 3D products, for example so called “see shell” or hollow products, typical by careful manipulation with these products.